2013 NYSSBA Exhibit
The 2013 NYSSBA Show will take place at the Rochester Convention Center in Rochester, NY.
Registration Deadline is June 30, 2013
Info for Participating Teachers & Students
Learning Statement Template
Student Congratulations Letter Coming Soon!
The NYSATA sponsored New York State School Boards Association (NYSSBA) Exhibit is an annual art exhibit that shares our students' work with members of local school boards at the School Board Association's annual conference. Student work is collected in June and displayed in October, at the NYSSBA conference hotel. A reception is held for student artists and all who participate are given a certificate. District Member schools and/or districts receive a seal of distinction on their students' artwork.
CALL FOR ENTRIES for the 2013 NYSSBA EXHIBIT
October 24-26, 2013
Empire Room, Rochester Convention Center, Rochester, NY
Reception Saturday, October 26, 10:30-11:30 AM.
The exhibit will be dismantled immediately following the reception. Teachers in attendance may take work back to their districts to avoid shipping art work.
All registration will be done on-line! All participants must register on-line on the NYSATA website. Payments may be made on-line by credit card or mailed in the form of a check or school purchase order. Registrations with mailed payments will not be considered complete until payment or PO is received.
Guidelines for submission:
- Membership: All participating teachers MUST be NYSATA members at the time of the exhibit. If you are a current member, you can check your membership expiration date by logging in with your Username and Password and using the View my Profile link on the Member Home page. Join or renew onliine NOW!
- Artwork: Each art educator may submit three artworks, 2-D only. Avoid loose and projecting material.
- Mounting: All work must be matted or mounted on mat board or heavy Bristol type board. NO CONSTRUCTION PAPER! NO FRAMES OR CANVAS STRETCHERS, PLEASE!
- Statement of Learning Objectives: For each art work submitted, please write a brief, 3 to 4 sentence summary explaining what the student artist learned while completing this project that demonstrates these types of connections. See details on the Learning Statement Template .
- Size limitations: Maximum size including mat 26"x30". Borders should not exceed 3 inches. Due to size limitation of display space, we can not accommodate individuall or group projects or multiples mounted together on the same baord. Smaller is better for this venue!
- Labels: All artwork must be labeled with student name and grade level, artwork title and media, school district, school, and teacher name. Printable labels for artwork will be automaticlly generated as part of your online receipt. Please print labels on white paper and attach to the lower front right corner of the artwork and back of learning statement. Make sure labels are printed at a size that is legible.
- Shipping: Ship in a strong, reuseable carton. No CODs will be accepted. Shipping work together by district saves significantly on postage and enables us to get your work back to much quicker.
- Fees: Fee is $25 per teacher. You must register online. Payment may be made by credit card or by mailing a check or Purchase Order, payable to NYSATA. Send payments to NYSATA, c/o Terri Konu, 9200 Sixty Road, Phoenix, NY 13135 (Complete payment instructions will appear on your online registration reciept). If your district is a NYSATA member, you should receive a discount code to enter after the form is submitted. The dicount code will cancel the registration fee for District Member schools. Individual teachers of District Member schools must be members themselves in order to register work
- Deadline June 30: Send labeled artwork and one copy of the registration form to
c/o S. Elliott
125 Drury Lane
Rochester, NY 14626
- Care and Handling of Artwork: The exhibit committee is made up of NYSATA members who are sensitive to the precious nature of your students' artwork. Extreme care will be used in handling and returning your work. NYSATA can not assume responsibility for accidental loss or damage. Please double check your return address for accuracy and make sure all pieces are securely mounted. Mail work in a sturdy, reusable carton that has no extraneous markings or labels.
- Questions? Contact 2013 Exhibit Co-Coordinators Emily Huthsteiner firstname.lastname@example.org or Bryce Doty email@example.com.